Ocean Tracking is the official supplier of tracking beacons for the 38 sailboats participating in the Cap Martinique race
Study of needs and proposal adapted to the tracking of a transatlantic ocean race lasting more than 20 days
Type of beacon selected: SK50
Connection type and frequency: 2G/4G along the coast and automatic switch to Iridium offshore as soon as the GSM network is no longer available.
Installation and testing
- official distribution of markers by the race organizer
- Presence of an Ocean Tracking technician 2 days before departure
- Initialization of the race and mapping by Ocean Tracking
- Trials and tests carried out by Ocean Tracking
- support: 24/7
The race must last more than twenty days with a position sent every 30 minutes.
Initially the frequency is set every 10 minutes for 3 hours
On arrival the beacons connect to 2G/4G and the frequency is set to 2 seconds: A direct arrival.
- Cartography: Ocean Tracking Cap Martinique cartography
- Battery consumption per beacon over the duration of the race: approximately 40%
- Automatic arrival clocking
Provision of PosAdrena files to race management and participants on an HTTPS server for monitoring the race using specific software: Adrena, Sailgrib, Weather4D , etc.
Automated sending of emails to participants with position files.