Ocean Tracking is the official supplier of tracking beacons for the 94 sailboats in the 2023 Transat Jacques Vabre race
Study of needs and proposal adapted to the tracking of an offshore race lasting more than 20 days
Type of tags used: SK50 and SK06
Connection type and frequency: 2G/4G on departure and arrival phases and automatic switch to Iridium as soon as the GSM network is no longer available.
Installation and testing
- Official distribution of markers by the race organizer
- Installation by the organizer and the technical teams of the teams
- Presence the week before departure of two Ocean Tracking technicians
- Tests carried out the week before departure in conjunction with the calculations manager René Boulaire and the mapping supplier Géovoile
- then installation by the boat technical teams
- with the support of Ocean Tracking technical support
- support: 24/7
The SK50 bailises which connect via 2G/4G/Iridium are entirely dedicated to boat monitoring for reporting positions on Internet mapping.
The positioning frequencies of the SK50 main beacon are adapted to the departure, arrival and offshore phases.
The positioning frequency of the SK06 beacon is adapted to the television needs during the first 4 hours of the race to provide a position every 2 seconds.
- Cartography: see the Transat Jacques Vabre website
- Starting phase frequency: 1 min for the first 4 hours
- Offshore frequency: every 15 minutes for race direction
- Arrival frequency: can be set every 2 seconds by the race direction
Provision of the person responsible for ranking calculations and data mapping animation using a specific API .