Ocean Tracking is the official supplier of tracking beacons for the 24 sailboats participating in the “La 40 Malouine” race .
Study of needs and proposal adapted to the tracking of a 24-hour off-shore race .
Type of beacon selected: SK50
Connection type and frequency: 2G/4G along the coasts and automatic switch to Iridium as soon as the GSM network is no longer available.
Installation and testing
- official distribution of markers by the race organizer
- then installation by the boat technical teams
- with the support of Ocean Tracking technical support
- support: 24/7
Tracking initialized with a position every 15 minutes. Every 5 seconds on the departure and arrival phases. At 10 miles of virtual waypoints, the beacons record a position every 2 seconds and download these positions automatically to the servers as soon as they connect to the 2G/4G network.
- Mapping: Ocean Tracking
- Integration of Prohibited zones (Wind Zone) with automatic sending of alarms (SMS - Email) in the event of crossing
- Automatic arrival clocking
Provision of PosAdrena files to race management on an HTTPS server for race monitoring using specific software: Adrena, Sailgrib, Weather4D , etc.