Ocean Tracking is the official supplier of tracking beacons for the Trois nuits du Joran race
Study of needs and proposal of a tracking and mapping solution for the Trois nuits du Joran race
Type of beacons used: the SK50 which connect to this race mainly via 2G/4G with a frequency of 2 minutes.
Some iridium connections on the route in case of absence of GSM network
Installation and testing
- Delivery of beacons by carrier in secure suitcase.
- Distribution and fixing of markers on boats by the organizer
- Initialization of the race by Ocean Tracking technicians
- Geolocation and transmission every 10 minutes between buoys and 1 minute at 5 miles around the marks to turn
- Implementation of the system for counting the number of laps completed
The classification is carried out by counting the number of laps and the first to finish the race is the one who counted
the most laps in the allotted time. Ocean Tracking has set up a specific computer application to count the number of laps completed.
Mapping: Ocean Tracking
Automatic arrival clocking.